Thank you for visiting the Broward County Property Appraiser's website. Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, our policy is to collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you affirmatively choose to make such information available to us.
When you visit our website, our web server automatically recognizes only the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our website. This information does not result in the identification of your personal e-mail address or other personal information.
In addition, we gather information regarding the volume and timing of access to our website by collecting information on the date, time, and website pages accessed by visitors to the website. We do this so we can improve the content of our website and this information is not shared with other organizations. Only aggregate information is collected and individual visitors' personal information is not identified.
If you choose to share personal information with us — by sending us a message, signing up for messaging alerts, (e)newsletters, or filling out an electronic application and or form with personal information — we will use the information for official Broward County Property Appraiser’s business consistent with federal, state, and local law. Information may be saved for a designated period of time to comply with federal, state, or local archiving policies, but we will not disclose the information to other third parties agencies unless required to do so by federal law, state law, a subpoena or other court order, or in support of any tax -saving exemption and or service.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to the Broward County Property Appraiser's office. Instead, make contact by phone.
By consenting (“opting in”) to have Broward County Property Appraiser office SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone (the “Service”), whether by enrolling through our website, in person, or over the phone, you provide us with information, which we receive and store as further described below.
(SMS)Terms and Conditions
The Broward County Property Appraiser’s Office (BCPA) is offering text messaging notifications for “Owner Alert”, subject to these SMS Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”). Subscribers will receive a text message if a change of ownership has been processed by BCPA along with a link to the recorded document changing the ownership. If you do not wish to continue participating in the program or no longer agree to the Terms, you can reply “STOP” to any text message from BCPA in order to opt out of the program.
- By signing up for the program through web.bcpa.net/owneralert you are giving your express consent to receive automated text messages at the phone number you provided. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Owner Alert text messaging program, you agree these Terms apply to your participation.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service operator. SMS MESSAGE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
- For additional information regarding the use of information collected in connection with Owner Alert, please refer to the "Information We Collect" section.
- By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages and updates. Message frequency varies.
- By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
- To cancel your SMS subscriptions, text STOP in reply to any text message you receive from the Broward County Property Appraiser's office. You will receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
- For additional help, text HELP in reply to a text message you receive from the Broward County Property Appraiser's office. You can also contact us at email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Supported carriers may change from time to time, but currently include AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Alltel (Verizon Wireless), U.S. Cellular, Cellular One, MetroPCS, ACS/Alaska, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Centennial Wireless, Cox Communications, EKN/Appalachian Wireless, GCI, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Rural Cellular Corporation, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, West Central (WCC), Cellcom, C Spire Wireless CellSouth, Cricket, Cincinnati Bell and Virgin Mobile®.
- Message and Data rates may apply.
- By signing up, you are confirming you are over the age of 13, and are either the wireless account subscriber or have the permission of the wireless account subscriber to send and receive text messages under these Terms and Conditions.
- I understand the Broward County Property Appraiser's office and its employees will never contact me to request personal information or payment information through this service.
Information We Collect
How We Use the Information We Collect
Information We Share
We only share information as necessary for the completion of BCPA official duties and as otherwise required by federal, state, or local law.
We may share SMS phone numbers with our third-party provider who performs testing Service (s) on our behalf based on our instructions.
Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Information
The purpose of this site is to provide information concerning the Broward County Property Appraiser’s records which are used to prepare the annual Tax Roll. The information and data on this site is dynamic and changing over time. We strive to provide current and accurate information. However, the BCPA makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of any information and data posted on the Site or that such information and data will be error-free. We do not assume any liability in connection with the use of the content. Nothing contained on this website is legal advice. If you need legal advice, you should contact a licensed attorney.
BCPA is committed to providing access to all individuals seeking information on the Site. As part of that effort, the BCPA has adopted certain standards for the Site developed from the following best practices:
Website standards for accessible design set forth by the U.S. Department of Justice under the Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA.)
Web content accessibility guidelines as provided by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader, etc.) and have difficulty accessing information on the Site, please contact BCPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-357-6830 and provide the Web address of the material you tried to access, the problem you experienced, and your contact information so that you can receive the necessary assistance.
Intellectual Property Rights
BCPA owns all rights, title and interest in the trademarks, logos, and other protected intellectual property of the Broward County Property Appraiser’s Office. You may not use the BCPA’s trademarks, logos, or other protected intellectual property without BCPA’s prior written permission. You acknowledge and agree that nothing on the Site grants, expressly or implicitly, by estoppel or otherwise, any right or license to use any of the BCPA intellectual property rights or may be construed to mean that BCPA has authority to grant any right or license on behalf of any third-party trademark owner. You may not reproduce, distribute, display, transmit, modify, perform, adapt, generate derivative works of, or otherwise use the content of the Site without the prior written permission of BCPA unless your use qualifies as "Fair Use" under applicable law. Fair Use includes the reproduction, distribution, display, transmission, performance, and use of the content if done in accordance with 17 U.S.C. §107, 17 U.S.C. §110, or other applicable limitations and exemptions set forth in the U.S. Copyright Act and related laws.
Unless otherwise noted on a particular page or section of the Site, no express permission is required from BCPA for use that falls within Fair Use, provided that (1) no modifications may be made as to the integrity or attribution of the content of the Site, and Content and Compilation, and (2) all copies of the content of the Site must bear accurate identifying information, including proprietary collection information, credit lines, copyright and trademark notices, and a citation to the Site.
If you have other questions about our privacy policies or have ideas about improving our policies, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com, or you can reach us by telephone at 954-357-6830.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Call 954.357.6934 or by email General Counsel Mila Schwartzreich